Kaisa Goodman published DEMOCRACY LAB PRESENTS - A Moderated Conversation with Congressman Eric Swalwell about his New Book "Endgame" in Events 2020-09-14 19:31:42 -0400
DEMOCRACY LAB PRESENTS - A Moderated Conversation with Congressman Eric Swalwell about his New Book "Endgame"
Join Democracy Lab for a very special event with Congressman Eric Swalwell (CA-15) about his new book Endgame: Inside the Impeachment of Donald J. Trump and what it's like to be in Congress during the Trump administration. We will begin with a moderated conversation between Congressman Swalwell and Vicki Veenker, attorney and public policy mediator, and then will take questions from the audience.
When: Tuesday, September 29th, 5:30-6:30pm EDTWhere: Zoom - https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83579046142
More about Endgame:
"In Endgame, Congressman Eric Swalwell offers his personal account of his path to office and how he and his colleagues resisted, investigated, and impeached a corrupt president. After the shock of the 2016 election and Trump’s inauguration (including the luncheon afterward), Swalwell, as a member of the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence and the House Judiciary Committee, quickly became involved in pushing back against Trump’s outrageous actions as he sought to get to the bottom of foreign interference in our elections. But Republicans were in control of the investigation, and it became clear that taking back the House was essential.
Swalwell takes readers inside Congress and through the impeachment process, from Trump’s disgraceful phone call with the Ukrainian president, just one day after Robert Mueller testified to Congress, to depositions in the SCIF, from caucus meetings and conversations with the Speaker to the bombshell public hearings and the historic vote, and then what followed next—the holding of the articles, the news of more possible witnesses, and the sham trial in the Senate. Endgame is fascinating, a gripping read by a unique witness to extraordinary events." -Goodreads
Information about purchasing Endgame is available here: http://endgame.abrams.link/WHENSeptember 29, 2020 at 6pm
Shelli Yoder for State Senate, District 40Shelli Yoder is a mom, educator, and progressive Democrat running to represent the residents of District 40 in the Indiana State Senate. Shelli served as a Monroe County Councillor from 2013 to 2019, including two years as president and two years as vice president. She is the former president of the Personnel Administration Committee and served multiple years on the boards of the Head Start Policy Council, Indiana South Central Community Action Program, Fleet Financing and Energy Commission, Bloomington Economic Development Corporation Board, and the Greater Bloomington Chamber of Commerce. Shelli has also served on the Monroe County Women’s Commission, Hoosier Women Forward board of advisors, and the inaugural Monroe County Opioid Commission. In 2017 she co-founded and co-chaired the first annual South Central Indiana Opioid Summit.
Shelli is a lecturer at the Indiana University Kelley School of Business. She previously spent a significant portion of her professional career leading nonprofits related to women’s healthcare and improving conditions in at-risk communities. Shelli is also on staff at First United Church, a progressive congregation in Bloomington with a rich history and commitment to social justice.
A native Hoosier, Shelli resides in Bloomington with her spouse, Josh Perry, and their three children.
Jessica McClellan, Monroe County TreasurerI am seeking re-election county-wide to serve four more years as tax collector.
It has been a privilege to work for the citizens of Monroe County for the past 4 years. As a homeowner, mobile home owner or business owner, you have probably had an experience with my office. It is my hope that we were responsive to your needs and courteous. Everything we do starts with you, the customer, and your needs are in the forefront of my mind when we make decisions.Here are the things I am most proud of that the Treasurer's Office offers:
I love doing the job of County Treasurer. I would be honored to serve Monroe County for another term. I am on the Board of Directors of the Indiana County Treasurers Association and I look forward to working closely with other Treasurers across the state to address tax collection concerns in the statehouse.
- Online services to help taxpayers pay taxes, research past taxes, print current tax bills, update mailing addresses, and find state forms for their businesses and mobile homes. Try www.co.monroe.in.us/treasurer and see how much information is available.
- An amazing staff who are all customer service experts. Every staff person is knowledgeable about Indiana laws and taxes thanks to training we provide. All staff answer customer's questions by phone, email, or in person.
- Extended hours during tax time. We answer emails over the weekend to assist with online payments and other questions. We are open to the public in the evening around tax time so people who have to pay in person can make it to our office after their work hours.
- Simple and cheap online payment fees. Fees are unavoidable when we process payments online. I am very proud to be working with a company that offers the cheapest fees available to County Treasurers.
- A bill that explains everything. Everything you need to pay your taxes I painstakingly fit on the back of the bill. Our bill is packed full of information specific to our office and from the state. We love to explain the homestead credit and the 1% circuit breaker credit. And we put payments options, phone numbers for common questions, and extended hours on our bill too.
- Good stewardship of county money. We distribute all of the tax money to the units on time without issue twice a year. And I balance our banks daily to the county checkbook held by the Auditor. We have received clean audits from the State Board of Accounts each year of my tenure.
9th District: ANDY RUFF
District 60: TIFFANY GRANT
District 61: MATT PIERCE
District 62: ALYSSA BAILEY
District 63: PAULA STALEY
CIRCUIT COURT JUDGE
Division 1, Seat 9: GEOFF BRADLEY
Division 2, Seat 6: VALERI HAUGHTON
Division 8, Seat 5: KARA ELAINE KROTHE
COUNTY COUNCIL MEMBERS
Indivisible Bloomington & 9th District supports the unified effort to resist the Trump agenda in Southern Indiana's 9th Congressional District and its 13 counties. We are centered around the principles outlined in Indivisible: A Practical Guide For Resisting The Trump Agenda.
Our goal is to vigorously oppose and defeat the Trump agenda, and work to elect officials who will do the same.We do this through uniting our community in non-violent action and protest, communicating to our elected officials, dissenting against the immoral Trump agenda, and amplifying our message in print and social media.We stand in solidarity with organizations that defend the civil liberties of ALL Hoosiers in ALL communities of the Indiana 9th District.Contact:Abby Ang -- email@example.com
Democratic Party Events and Volunteer Opportunities
MCDP will be at several upcoming community events, and we need your help to staff the booths and march in the parades! Please contact Kaisa at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up for a shift (or two!) or if you have any questions.
Monroe County Fall Festival: Staffing needed Thursday, September 19th through Saturday, September 21st, and we will be in the parade on Saturday at noon.
Stinesville Quarry Festival: Staffing needed Thursday, September 26th through Saturday, September 28th, and we will be in the parade on Saturday at 2pm.
MidWay Music Festival: Staffing needed on Saturday, October 5thRead more