Thank you to all who participated in our caucus this past week. We congratulate Ashley Pirani on winning the Monroe County Council District 3 caucus! Ashley was one of the founding members of Monroe County NOW and was that organization's first president. Ashley will be vying this fall to represent all of western and southwestern Monroe County.
We are still looking for volunteers for our booth at the County Fair next week! Come get to know folks in the community and support our candidates running this November. The fair runs from Saturday, June 30th through Saturday, July 6th, and there are still shifts available. Shifts run from 2.5 to 3 hours. We especially need help on Wednesday, July 4th.
Please contact Executive Director Kaisa Goodman at Kaisa.firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in taking a shift.
Fourth of July Parade
Additionally, we are still looking for marchers and a couple of golf carts for the Fourth of July Parade. If you have access to a golf cart, please email Kaisa today!
- All candidates, PCPs, supporters, and your family and friends are welcome to participate in the parade! We will be passing out candy, flags, stickers, and candidate information. Wear a candidate t-shirt if you have one! Bringing pets is discouraged.
- The parade is next Wednesday at 10am. All participants must be in the staging area by 9am. We are entry #24 and are in the black staging area, which is across from the IU Law School on Indiana Ave, between 3rd and 4th Streets.
- When you arrive at the staging area, you will need to sign the parade waiver. The waiver is required for all participants.
- Participants can park in the IU and Bloomington parking garages, which will be free and open to the public for the day. Parking meters will also be free.
- We will have a flatbed truck with a band on it--we are still looking for band members, so please let Kaisa know if you are interested and what instrument you play. The band will meet and practice at HQ at 7pm on July 3rd.
- We will be decorating the float at HQ at 7pm on July 3rd, so please come on by if you are interested in helping.
- We will have water available for everyone.
- If you would like to participate and need to ride in a vehicle for health or mobility reasons, please contact Kaisa and we will accommodate you.
This Saturday, there will be a Families Belong Together rally in Bloomington! On June 30, MCDP is cosponsoring a rally on the Courthouse Square in Bloomington to call for an end to the Trump administration's cruel immigration policies.
Join us on the Courthouse Lawn at 10:30 a.m. on June 30th to send a message to Donald Trump and Republicans in Congress, loud and clear: Families Belong Together!
You can RSVP for the event here: https://act.moveon.org/event/families-belong-together/20443/signup/
Rally co-sponsors include:
Call to Action
Democracy for Monroe County
Indivisible Bloomington and 9th District
Monroe County Democratic Party
Ninth District Latino Democratic Caucus
Showing Up For Racial Justice
Unitarian Universalist Church RISE Social Justice Task Force
Summer Canvassing for Liz Watson
Saturday, June 30th and Sunday, July 1st beginning at 9:00 a.m.
116 S. Madison St., Suite A, Bloomington
Liz for Indiana need your help knocking on doors and registering voters! Come out and join the campaign this weekend to grow and strengthen its presence in Bloomington!
RSVP for Saturday: https://secure.ngpvan.com/9sEGfsSyx0Wxt9ZXJKUpCQ2
RSVP for Sunday: https://secure.ngpvan.com/B1BIyvG8Ek2pCrsoBXERWw2
Get Down With Clerk Browne Fundraiser Event
Saturday, July 14th from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
6415 E. Wellston Drive, Bloomington, IN 47408 (Home of Tree Martin)
This event will feature DJ Thomas Marshalek and a raffle drawing for a big-screen television. All raffle proceeds will go to the Committee To Elect Nicole Browne. The raffle will be held at approximately 2:45 p.m. and you must be present to win.
This will be a rain or shine event. RSVP: email@example.com
Power of the Black Vote featuring Dana Black
Hosted by the Monroe County Black Democratic Caucus
Saturday, September 8th from 2:00 - 4:00 p.m.
The Monroe County Black Democratic Caucus (MCBDC) is hosting a discussion about "Why Black Voices Matter in the Political Arena” featuring Dana Black as the keynote speaker and Dr. Amrita Chakrabarti Myers, Associate Professor of History and Gender Studies as moderator. This panel discussion will be an opportunity for members of the community to share concerns and to offer a pathway to solutions through policy and being involved with our party. Go to Facebook for more information.
Fourth Annual Hamilton Family Picnic
Sunday, September 9th
Join our fantastic local, state and federal Democratic candidates for a day of music and food to build political momentum building for the critical mid-term elections coming up.