Absentee Voting by Mail
- Voters may file an absentee ballot application beginning on May 22nd, 2018. All absentee-by-mail applications must be received by October 29th, 2018. Download an absentee ballot application at the bottom of this page.
In order to vote absentee-by-mail, one of the following must apply:
You have a specific, reasonable expectation that you will be absent from the county on Election Day during the entire 12 hours that the polls are open (6 am until 6 pm).You have a disability.
You are at least 65 years of age.
You will have official election duties outside of your voting precinct.
You are scheduled to work at your regular place of employment during the entire 12 hours that the polls are open.
You will be confined due to illness or injury or you will be caring for an individual confined due to illness or injury during the entire 12 hours that the polls are open.
You are prevented from voting because of a religious discipline or religious holiday during the entire 12 hours that the polls are open.
You are a participant in the state's address confidentiality program.
You are a member of the military or a public safety officer.
Absentee Voting by Travel Board
- In order to vote absentee-by-traveling board, one of the following must apply:
- The voter expects to be confined, due to illness or injury, or the voter expects to be caring for a confined person at a private residence, on Election Day.
- The voter is a voter with disabilities and believes their polling place is not accessible to them.
- The voter is physically unable to complete the ballot and sign the affidavit on their own.
- The ballot will be delivered to you by a bi-partisan absentee voter board who will be able to assist you with your ballot.
- Voters voting by traveling board are NOT required to show photo ID.
- If you are confined, due to illness or injury, or expect to be caring for a confined person at a private residence on election day, you may request a bipartisan team of two to visit you at your place of confinement to assist you with voting. Call Absentee Voting Office at 812-349-2612 to request your application to vote by Travel Board.
If you need help requesting an absentee ballot, please see here or call Absentee Voting at the Monroe County Clerk's Office at 812-349-2612.